None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 64 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm
Counter System

Monster Hunter (5?): World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monster Hunter (5?): World

Post by Alala Kuran on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Well here we have it! Hunting is back once more again and looks like it won't be over anytime soon, which I'm glad! First notice was it was actually supposed to be on March end of 2018, however it was greatly decreased of delay time down to just Jan-26 of 2018!

The latest in Monster Hunter that has been localized yet! I got a clip of the beta loop 1st round and plan to do it again along with getting the real-deal soon too!

Differences are as follows:
Default lives cap (times you can die) is now up to X9 faint chances before you lose, so unlike most common Monster Hunter games, you have almost a Megaman-X style chance (Capcom pun) of surviving NINE failures before you get a Game Over and not in the monster arena anymore but the actual field!

"Don't be brutal!" means actually if not shown here, some chance I have no idea how or why but some actual regular "enemy" monsters have a small chance to just rebel in submission to you and go against the boss/es and it happened quite a few times, dunno if it's because my Palco did something when she was attacking them or ....?

There's SEVERAL weapon changes and some freaked me out!
Heavy Bowgun tripped the hell out of me lol! Cluster Shells are absolutely nothing like common so I was obviously ditz! affraid  SORRY! Keep away from me when using it because now I'm almost in Kanon Daiba's shoes for the time and will be VERY clumsy! Oops!
...Yes, actually Heavy Bowgun I emphasize once more, is completely different! Cluster S Ammo is now converted to Vertical Missiles that drop in artery fire and can be very confusing to utilize if you're not used to the new change. Also there's new kinds of fire mods for the Heavy Bowgun this time; such as Gatling fire, super sniper, and another kind (I have yet to use the third type)

Charged Blade is still as awesome as it was in MH4, except well.... I think it has less explosive power but more speed this time and slightly better sharpness than before, I also felt slightly faster with it this time around I think....(?) and it's easier to pull off counters.

Infinite Whetstones? Nice deal there! This actually beats having inventory consumption and a limited number of only 20 in long duels against bosses as once my whetstones ran out I was in utter panic. I'm glad they gone from unlimited resources of bait and easy ammo to now the more important things like these whetstones too! Really helps!

Last edited by Alala Kuran on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Queen of Heavenly Solace. Cold to the core.

http://www.google.com/profiles/109739034144757014503
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

View user profile http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter (5?): World

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Ok notice update despite a bump, I just preordered this bad boy! Incoming extra notices of this are:

I cannot buy the "regular" one now due to being replaced by the expensive (over $70!) "Delux" version,
-I get a Samurai Set of armor and some emotes(?) with it next time,
-Slightly earlier play date start (Jan 26, or 25 of 2018),
-Fair Wind Charm accessory unit,
-an "Origin" set,
-14 different special avatars(?),
-several emotes added: Sumo slap, Ninja Shuriken, Zen taunts,
-a "Sir Lion" sticker set,
-a MH All-Stars sticker set,
-Wyvern style face paint accessory for editing(?),
-free Monster Hunter centric style theme for the PS4 system (no sound, just two backgrounds though),
-Topknot hairstyle,

Note Exclamation  : just because the Beta is over, don't delete it yet! Even if it didn't exactly save your data, it does claim to carry over completed quests as a bonus to the real-deal eventually with commendation prizes! Looks like some item bundles to help a hunter get a small kickstart; Armor spheres, etc., good to start off things armed!

Warning: There will be a re-release of some of the bonus content for later days (on Jan 26 instead of earlier) if someone's scrubbing the bucket, but you'll miss out on a Weapon Icon avatar for the separate "Deluxe Kit" later on! Sad

Last edited by Alala Kuran on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a bit more accurate info from PSN Store)

Queen of Heavenly Solace. Cold to the core.

http://www.google.com/profiles/109739034144757014503
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Final thoughts and prattling from a huntress on the Beta (Demo) Version:

I'll have to get used to using L2 and R2 for the different actions as I'm more used to R1 doing things like defending and such having been a Monster Hunter veteran yet lacking Monster Hunter Tri (I don't own a Wii yet, but I did try it on a Rom version) so I'm very ditz and klutzy here... I'm just as awful as Kanon Daiba when it comes to the big guns here now because as said above: there's certainly some changes alright both good and bad! Oops!

To me, Charge Blades are slightly packing less of the "boom" they used to but I can see they're sped up now and it's easier to land some fast hits and some painful counters despite (maybe?) reduced power. It's a so-so and still is my new favorite hunting toy lol. While also as said like Kanon; I've gone downhill when it comes to Heavy Bowguns now because I can see a huge change in them now, unlike in casual days where the were:
-slower than Light Bowguns but do almost the same,
-only differences were shield or power barrel to make almost X3 to X5 damage per shot

No not anymore, as explained these big boys are now completely different! They still DO act like that but...!
-they now have special mods with the (O) button which pulls of the new three different attacks for your weapon as described above depending on your weapon's model,
-Cluster Shots are now Vertical Missiles (?!) which deploy ray-bomb like explosives instead of a flying cluster rocket anymore,

Still have yet to check the rest. Also now about the stages so far:
St1: Ancient Forest Zone
(Boss: Great Jagras "the Great Devourer") on "Easy" course
Threat Level: 2
Info: New to this version and an entirely new boss, he acts with attacks similar to the Royal Ludorth but he'll tend to close in on you personally at most; follows up with a series of punches, a tail swipe, maybe a headbutt or two, or try to bite, he'll also try to tackle people or use a lunging punch and side step-slam if you're attacking him from the sides too much, nothing too serious but he'll use some poison bite or bile, so be careful! I've fought worse and a Gypceros is more annoying and unfair compared to Mr. Jagras here. On another note, some monsters, depending on the situation and I guess also your new Palco will have a chance to turn tail and join you instead! Now that's an interesting turn but what I wonder is if these little guys will be permanent friends of you in the real version? Even better, can you befriend bigger ones too? Another funny fact is that some of ye olde Antropth who often munch on the plants and stuff and don't mind you around have a chance of getting a hint and stay nearby to cheer you on, or if bold enough, might sneak up on the side and try to attack a boss personally then run away (lol!) this is actually the first time I seen one of those guys have the actual balls to try to attack a boss at the same time seeing me fight one instead of attacking me or just running away all the time.

St2: Desert Wastes
Main Boss: Barratoh
Ex Boss: Diablos, ???(a new boss in the swampy area); they do NOT get along!

Ok so Barratoth is back from Tri+, and he's still annoying, in fact I think he's actually a bit faster this time and his head is harder to take down than before, also painful when he hits and his Mud Bile has better range! This is bad! As if not enough, there's not only one, but two more bosses to put up with! Diablos will get in the way and this time he will suck you into quicksand! Not just he, but a new challenger who I'm absolutely unfamiliar of will attack either you or (at most) your prey of hunt if your fight dips into the swamp zone! This gets annoying so I recommend stay the hell away from Diablos, and even if you get (rudely!) punted out of the way by the new water monster boss, just let the two duel a bit and pop in your attacks to YOUR target carefully. Eventually the new challenger will get out of the way or the main boss will flee somewhere else nearby. This mission is a lot harder than it appears. I'm not sure but I expect he (Barratoth) might start in the central zone? I recommend this with two or more hunters, don't think of trying this bad boy alone unless you want to end up signing an embarrassing excuse report early. Geez, truth be told I never liked this boss but I think he has a increased speed and defense boost. Annoying! Mad
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down