None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 64 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm
Counter System

The Class Styles which I hate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Class Styles which I hate

Post by Alala Kuran on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Arala Cran : Okay so I will have to vent to people here about certain styles I dislike in PSO2. There are three so far which I am not fond of and from observing others using them has escalated it to solid hate of both use of it and other players who are all-of for it. Don't take offense to this as it's just my point against them, and besides, I'm a FONewearl. Once Force, always will be. To be fair, I will also include the up-sides of even such other types I loathe so nobody can say "Oh you're just uppity because you're a Force. lol!" (Mind my language, but FUCK YOU if you thought of even saying that.)

The first one to start off with are Rangers. Why? Because when I used it, I am technically crippled. Ranger style has always, always failed me. Of course though they're not to be in any "extremes" and are considered the monkies in the middle who technically can and will hit anything at almost any range hence known as a Ranger in the first place.The problem? They take far too much praise, and in PSO2 this is just plain mortifying that they are the only ones who can spot traps at a extra 85% chance more than other victims from 10 miles away, and  Some cases they actually do hit things harder than the rest and in some rare moments, are to be considered the only hope to beat something when all else fails and one cheapnote to prove it was started in PSO2. They have the secret weapon: Weak Bullet, which turns a slap to the face into a slap that sends someone flying into the abyss of pain from twice or thrice the damage, and perhaps something which everyone should know: the ONLY who can knock Mr.Persona flat on his face like a pesky schoolboy when he doesn't know when to take your hint of saying "Get lost. Spineless dick! DON\'T Piss me off!! " which is especially helpful when stuck in a pinch and he starts to get in the way when absolutely not needed. Kiss the butt-end of one's Rocket Launcher, pesky douche. Still, back to why I hate Rangers; They take all the praise, and the many I came across are ARROGANT sons of bitches.  No I'm not being funny, they were absolutely RUDE MF-s. It started especially in PSO1, which was the first time I came across two extremely rude f**kers in the series ever who went far enough to earn the first spot of my never-used blacklist in the game at all. Three in PSO1 ruined my experience of the game for a day, but the case got even worse in PSO2 since there's lots more who were even more pompous. In all honesty, I don't like rangers, but I don't exactly despise them, hence spreading the word to them about exposing Mr.Persona's one and only weakness. I will fairly call it a "Last Resort".

Conclusion:
Pros- Weak Bullet, Crazy Smash, Trap Sight, Ridiculously long range weapons
Cons- Overrated, Many Rude Players, Not good with low levels, Not good for certain characters, No Technics

Exceptions of Rangers who I actually like:
NPC: Lisa, Afin
Great Players: Reisha Prime, Mitsuki Dawn

Second most disliked class and its players are Gunners. These peeps too are no much different from the same reasons as I have against Rangers at most except that they are usually worse. Okay so I actually did have a hand on using Gunner mode once too and my first multi-classed ranged weapon found in a slot was for Gunners before I even knew what they were. Well? A flipside is that actually in the old years, FONewearls too did use Dual Handguns. I did at rare moments and hence I found that the same calling came back to me in PSO2 for a start of ranged weapons. The disgust however developed from the facts that I noticed Gunner Mode was taking a bit too many updates and quickly became overrated in its near first days. Even up to now, Gunners are cheaply overpowered. So did everyone decide to go DMC style here? Taking a look at the skill roster, this class lacks skills but was more of Damage-UP types instead so this looks like a common button-masher class; no skills much except the fancy Matrix roll, blasting things like Dante, and the rest is only damage boosts. I see this is a class for lazy players. The biggest blight to me however from them again was the same fat chunk from Rangers and why I hate them; rude ass people. They do NOT wait for friedns even it it means to get them to fail a quest while they themselves take the credit. At this point (thanks to a certain team vs my low processing PC that physically died this year too) was where I started taking the loathe of seeing them around; when I spot a gunner, that's my cue to drop the party right away, especially when stupid things such as family or other problems start getting in the way. Only ONE gunner took the hint when I was trying to get my point down of simply saying "Slow the hell down and let me catch up God damnit! Bad processor here!" but none of the others did at all except take their knives out at my throat and turn into batches of dicks. Because of them, I snarl at every update they dump in loads on Gunners to make them even more ridiculously powerful than they already are as-is even, sneer at almost every Gunner I see with disgust, usually taking a premonition to drop a party when one appears if I was invited to one, and learn just how to save up my moon atomizers like Rupika. In conlcusion of this one too: Gunner style is with that "badass" look and the Devil May Cry feel of gameplay (God I can see it, Dante running around in the ARKS lobby, taking orders, then going out to unload time as Hunter X Gunner, carrying a Buster Blade backed by Twin HGs, lol!)

Pros- Badass look, Dual-HGs, 2nd best evasion ability (Stylish Roll), High Hit-Combo rate
Cons- Ridiculously overpowered, street-fighter, Many Rude Players, takes too many upgrades and too much positive attention by the staff,

Exceptions-
NPC: Kholoto (misspelling, sorry...)
Great Players: Mitsuki Dawn, BlueRokku, Beni(Kenjutsu)

The worst and most hated style in Phantasy Star ever to me now are Bravers! Not going to go too far and will just kill the chase to the points. First off, they are the newest, but they exploded like darkers infecting the ARKS ship very quickly from out of nowhere, and I can see why. Took my first glimpse of one, they have some very unique weapons which any true Asian warrior would CRAVE for, and there's lots since this is their origin zone. I can expect that's fair; the desire to use a Katana which is the way of both samurai and ninja alike, shrine maidens wanting to shoot the shit out of demons with the graceful bow as well as get a nice skull-splitting kick to the head of a helpless buffoon who dares look up her skirt. I too found a bit of taste in it and also say that this is one fine line put together of Hunter X Ranger simultaneously when needing to fill in a gap........... and then that's precisely  where the double-edged effect comes in. They are FAR too popular; everywhere you look there's a braver. They are causing the other units to become scarce, especially Techers and solid Force units, now labeled as the least popular, most infamous, and worst style units of the ARKS ever, have been shamed by the Braver. Their style roster is the worst thing I have ever seen: it's nothing more than a raw old-fashioned street fighter! NO skills at all except only Katana Combat and RFB (Rapid-Fire Bow), this is nothing more than a damage overhauler to ridiculous limits. That is ALL they are about, no skill, no defense, just all raw power, exactly what a bigwig super-villain would adore. Sorry but I hate Bravers, the class which is cheap due to the "all-power, no brains used" factor, the users who too are overpopulating the place, and it got so damn popular that even the Darkers want a piece of its action! (Blu Rhinga!! \ ) Oh not only that in which even goddamn BOSSES are even Bravers, but the worst part which caused it to ultimately explode like a raid of darkers in the ship is one secret fact: Bravers can effortlessly unlock EVERYTHING while Hunters, Rangers, and Forces have to work their asses off the hard way just to get ONE, and then switch to do another the hard way one at a time. Bravers technically render all other classes USELESS for them new greenhorn ARKS. I can only assume this added to the decrease of all other casuals. I have three characters on tab having to use it for now but when done, I will diss it in a second. For now I have no choice but to have it as a alternative to somewhat balance things out for my new characters quickly. Not only that fact but these types spam the so-called Mine Base Defense quests which isn't fun.

Pros- Epic look, cheap way to unlock all styles, hybrid class,
Cons- Extremely Overrated, Cheap, Overpopulated, Many Rude Players, street-fighter, obscures other styles, takes too much positive attention from the staff, tricky to use, Boss Enemy uses it,

Exceptions-
NPC: Azami, Io
Great Players: Beni(Kenjutsu), Igarax, Z.E.R.O.

and finally to admit. I hate these styles, but that doesn't mean I will not use them.... rarely even at least.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2418
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

View user profile http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Class Styles which I hate

Post by Kenjutsu on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 am

I can see your point.
However, what do you mean by "street-fighter"?
This made me rather curious.
Also just in case this does matter to you, the name of the Time Attack Client Order NPC is Chroto.
(Information taken from Episode 2 credits which contains a lot of the original english NPC names by Sega. Can upload screens as proof if necessary ww.)

~剣術
Kenjutsu
Humanoid

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Character sheet
Race: Humanoid/Human Humanoid/Human
Personal Title: 剣術

View user profile http://nutzlosesspielzeug.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:10 am

lol well what I meant by someone being a "Street-Fighter" was by personal view of all the "Damage Up" things and such and lack of skills.

I.E: for Bravers, there's LOTS of the Average Stance damage overhaul perks and one stacks atop of the other; over like 3 or 4 extras at once. The only actual "skills" are Katana Combat, the ability to trigger Average Stance, Weakpoint Stance, and RF-B (Rapid-Fire Bow) while other styles have more skills than just this disappointingly tiny batch (though Gunner too looks quite sparse)

Still that's just the way I see it from observing and even trying it myself every now and then. Again my bad for the names being switched and misspelled because used to the english patch and tweaker.  Oops! 

notice:
Also forgot if not noticed, but you are on the list here of exceptions and a Great Braver that I know who I do not hate.

Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azursia Siaku on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:43 am

Ep3 notes.
A note about Rangers, Weak bullet is getting nerfed "Weak Bullet: 300 ⇒ 255%"

a note on Force "Skill tree separated into Element Specialization or Power.
28 Technic Buffs, 3 Nerfs.
Photon Flare: HP drop removed.
Effective Time: 30 ⇒ 45 seconds
Recast Times: 120 ⇒ 100 seconds.
Some recast times improved for other skills.
New Force Skills

Charge Escape: Continue charging while escaping." The 3 nerfs are Il megid/barta/grants

On Techer they're now being better supports/ battle mages.
"Territory Burst becomes passive.
Wand Lovers becomes a stance. Normal Attack and Tech Explosion power increases.
28 Technic Buffs and 3 Nerfs
Shifta Critical: 15 ⇒ 20%
Wand Lovers: Can be turned on or off. Striking Power and Tech Explosion Power: 135 ⇒ 140%
Rare Mastery Techer: Added an effect that increases S-ATK.
Territory Burst / Long Time Assist: Lv. 10 ⇒ Lv. 1
Super Treatment: Lv 5 ⇒ Lv.1
New Techer Skills

Shifta Strike: Further increases damage during Shifta.
Deband Toughness: During Deband, Max HP Increases."

also bouncer is to be more of a support with high mobility so it and Techer might be a great combo.

Braver didn't really get changed, but the buffed the bow a little so maybe less dumbass bravers and more ranged ones.
Azursia Siaku
Absent Unit

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2013-09-14

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (other)
Personal Title: Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Debuffing Ilbarta, Ilmegid and Ilgants? Yeah that helps build Forces up a LOT doesn't it? This bluntly sounds like the middle finger to Forces' faces again. That's very helpful.  Not very impressed 

Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azursia Siaku on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:59 pm

So buffing 28 other techs doesn't help at all? nerfing 3 techs ruins everything even tho they're buffing like every single active skill in the skill trees? I mean photon flare is now like, Engage 45 secs of totall badass dmg for forces at no cost but a 100sec cooldown that's really more like 55secs since it counts down during the active time.
Azursia Siaku
Absent Unit

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Yup, I bet the buffs are like hardly worth jack on those at that as usual. I know how it gets. To make matters worse, I saw the source where you found this and I just saw something else I did not like one single bit.

"TA's will be set to a higher prize at the cost of being converted to a once-a-week run." sounds ugly and I bet it will be less than when people did it normally in total.

Anyway, back on topic:
a minor list at the end for me to admit is how I see things are best for my style.

Force: MUST.ARM.AT.ALL.TIMES!!
Standing: Good, Main, Must-have!
-If I don't have Force as even a back-liner, consider me as good as dead before the stage even starts. Period. No questions.

Techer: A good Must-use
Standing: Good, Secondary, Offensive Runner
-It's not as good as Force type in my view, seriously. It's partially weaker in certain skill stats and is crippled but Technics are still possible so this is a great secondary resort. Paired best with Force type for me is where I could just shoot out Zonde like a machine gun on some enemies and helps when I have to go on the offensive. The energy recovery boost with casting recovery is why this is my offensive pairing, even if it's not as good as Force type alone.

Hunter: A good type secondary.
Standing: Good, Secondary, Staple Mark Back-liner
-Aside of the ability to use the Scythe which was supposed to be originally set for me in the first place here, this has one other special major factor that I like: Guts (AKA: Iron Will). I often will keep Hunter type as a secondary at most because of it, especially when I'm going for very long runs of an adventure and/or when I expect that a boss is going to especially be a royal pain in the ass. This style is my 3rd top favored one and is best paired under Force type for me.

Fighter: Meh....
Standing: Neutral, Combo-master
-Not actually all too good other than combo-centric melee to me that much, but it does offer a damage amplifier vs enemy facings. I just don't have time for it that much and therefore don't use it that much either. A fun goofy little gig to work on for now since my best styles are maxed out for the time since I can either backfist jerks in the face or give 'em the grand Princess' Kick to the face when they piss me off, lol.

Ranger: Last Resort
Standing: Bad, use only when absolutely necessary
-Refer to my complaints above. Never liked Rangers, never will. Always failed me unless in super-tight pinches. Let alone they are the rudest batch I have ever came across at the most lot of them on sight. Only side characters of mine use it at most, usually to pop out weak bullets or spot at least 65% of those god-damned traps in Bomb Alley or 25% of them in Volcanic Hell.

Braver: Overpopulated Cocky Noob who takes all of the cookies
Standing: Bad, cheap, skill-less button-masher, Hybrid
-Hybrid style is good, fancy unique weapon and my favored Ranged weapon is good, but the overpopulated, cheap, take-all-the-credit, no-skills all-power street fighter motto this gives out is bad. The fact that this style is overpopulated, even for the Darkers and a god damn BOSS using it too is what makes me snarl at it even more enough to loathe it, let alone how it selfishly obscures all other styles of their hard work before getting the higher ups, and includes everything of the above said about it as well. Of course though when Mint and I tried it, we failed because of it so Braver style is not worth much other than its hybrid skill of Hunter x Ranger, the cheapest access to all other classes faster, and fancy looks.

Gunner: Fancy looks, no skill
Standing: Awful!!
-Refer again to the above. I am so dispising this one that I hardly have anything to say, except that almost every single gunner was a brute to me other than just NPC characters. The worst thing that could ever have come to exist. Hands down.  No 
This would be the last of my Last Resorts if I ever have to stoop low.

Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azursia Siaku on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 pm

I've got a better description of braver for you, overpopulated noobs going "I'M THE COOKIE MONSTER!!!!"
Screw that TA noise, it'd better be a weeks worth of the current runs or close to that (so about 700k for a single TAVH run) or ima be mad. If they did make it a weeks worth then I wouldn't mind as it just means alot less TA runs every week.
I like the way Techer works as a main with Hu as 2nd with an HP/def build, as it makes you a nice frontline support, and with wand lovers being a stance now it means you can get some nice dmg in at all times with melee. I wonder if wands/staffs got an increase in swing speed like all but knucks and katana did.
Azursia Siaku
Absent Unit

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenjutsu on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Offtopic:
That weekly TA cooldown indeed...
I'm pretty sure that it'll also affect the in-game economy quite a bit.
Also not sure what to think about that other thing I read, that all classes will be unlocked from the start...mixed feelings about that. Much like how they nerfed amount of bosses to be killed and all back then, which in my opinion resulted at people not spending sufficient time with bosses, learning their patterns and strategies to conquer them. Really mixed about it.

Ontopic:
The more defensive HU changes look very promising to me.
Also wondering a bit why FI gets speed improvement, but let's see how it turns out.

~剣術
Kenjutsu
Humanoid

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Character sheet
Race: Humanoid/Human Humanoid/Human
Personal Title: 剣術

View user profile http://nutzlosesspielzeug.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down