None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 64 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm
Counter System

Nature Savior

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nature Savior

Post by Alala Kuran on Thu May 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Arala Cran : My my, a poor young falcon was lodging on my deck a week ago out of nowhere. Fellow member Igarax was the first to alert me about it and so I used my hubby's Vita to take a picture of it. Sorry it's not the best shot but this is one I had to get quickly of it.

At first we thought it was only camping around as a rare encounter, but when it was all the way into nightfall, the old man decided that we should feed it something, but then we found out the poor thing was actually injured so we had to take it in. Surprisingly overnight it regened strength and is starting to do much better in shape than it did when we first saw it, so I had to set up a cage for it and some branches and whatnot as my dad told me that it may have been that same one he and my mom saw a day before we found it there who was attacked by a MASS mob of crows and was literally knocked from the sky three times flat down to the ground miles below.

As we tried to release it two days ago, the birdy refused to leave and plans to stay a while longer so we're still taking care of it. Today it just got a bath and rather enjoyed the spraying of cool water on itself unlike our spoiled pets who panicked every time we try to give them a bird bath. The falcon is now able to let out wild cries as usual so it's looking much better today. It even had did a little running around in the garage a while as the old man was trying to get it back on the cage (lol!) so it seems its chance of survival are high. No infections noticed yet with the bird so far, but I may plan to buy some vitamins and such for it when I can get enough for some good brands, but of course pets come first since they are closer to us...

Anyway, after it's sated and well enough, we will release it back to the wild. As for food, we also feed it sardines that are in water for food (so yes might a smelly time here....) I just hope it STAYS well...

Queen of Heavenly Solace. Cold to the core.

http://www.google.com/profiles/109739034144757014503
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2434
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

View user profile http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Nature Savior: Failed....

Post by Alala Kuran on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Arala Cran : Conclusion... we failed to save it.  Sobbing 
What a shame. The poor thing could only last a week,
at least that long before it had to go to another place
in a different way than we have hoped for it. Bad end...

I've no clue as to what was wrong with the poor thing other than it was injured badly during a mob of crows/blackbirds attacking it in midair till knocked to the ground miles below itself over three times. Also to boot, we had a difficult time trying to feed it; my father was especially trying to feed it sardines but said that on the day just before it "left", that the bird had choked on it somehow. Within hours was when I noticed it wasn't moving anymore.  Sad

Queen of Heavenly Solace. Cold to the core.

http://www.google.com/profiles/109739034144757014503
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2434
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

View user profile http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down