I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 64 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm
Counter System

Annoying bosses!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annoying bosses!

Post by Alala Kuran on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Crimrose : Okay, so I now must rant about the various bosses which I have came across. In random order, I'll just bring up names and what I did, etc.

Mission 1: Gigan Busters Bosses

Boss 1: Omega Golem
Class: Ancient Soldier
Rating: Medium-Easy
Phases: 1
Annoyance: He is weighed down with tons of weapons and trying to do close combat with him is a no-no! He unexpectidly may whack a person with his sword or axe arm options flying around him (which is how he kept getting combos off of me a LOT!), but so far other than that he's rather easy to kill. He's pretty much a pushover, even on normal, just annoying with so many summoned option-droids, and backed by Missile-launching cheapsakes behind him.
Recommended Unit: Just about anyone can slap him a new one, but must be careful.

Boss 2: Gultred
Class: Mobile Fortress
Rating: Hard!
Phases: 2
Annoyance: God forbid! I can never get around this sick bastard without falling at least once without backup from someone else! He just had to be weighed down with missiles! First off, he doesn't actually use them, but is backed-up by four crawlers who are armed with them, and he hides in the back blasting people with 4 Large Flame Blasters (not Flamethrowers, Fireballs!) which MUST be destroyed before even laying a finger of carnage on him. Once those are busted, that's when things get ugly as he starts going all out with those damned missiles (and I'm vulnerable to them!)... big ones to be worse off, entering Phase 2 of the boss fight. Gradius Line: "Destroy the core!", and I'm serious! His core is exposed but he keeps facing his butt in everyone's face to avoid getting hit, and believe me, he's fast enough to spin like that. I can guarantee that there's certain death at least in one round here when engaging the mobile fortress boss!
Recommended Unit: Artillery types who can shoot very well might take him out.

Boss 3: Dioxter
Class: Giant Turret
Phases: 1
Annoyance: On one factor, this boss is actually hell, but for another point, he was the fastest boss kill I've ever gotten in Cosmic Break... at least 18 seconds (even faster than Omega Golem!) He's only gotten one weakspot... once again, same thing like in Gradius, should be hard to miss spotting it right off. The problem? Hard to hit, depending on who's on the field. Shooting the core would be smart because trying to deal with him up-close without ammo is rather stupid due to his hammer-arm Options, and yet there's plenty of spectators running amok the place who are willing to get in the way, especially the melee-using clowns who love to sneak up on angry bots who are steamed at Dioxter, lol! (I was a victim of this) He's just a bit hard to shoot because of constantly rotating and trying to stick that butt out which is harder than an iron hide and is not worth trying to kick physically. XD
Recommended Unit: Either a freaky flyer such as a Crimrose who can quickly fly in and give a quick joust-combo to him (in risk of also getting whacked and sent flying away after leaving some major dents on him in a counterattack) or someone who can basically shoot at his core and run very fast along the ground.

Boss 4: Volcanics
Class: Phoenix-wannabe
Phases: 2(?)
Recommended Unit: Crimrose, or someone else who can fly (though not as good as Crimrose)
Annoyance: Because this chicken in a Phoenix suit can fly very high, and loves to sneak around and fly in with the infamous swooping Dash Kick which most birds do, he can be serious hell if someone were stuck running around on the ground, and to worsen it, there's plenty of magma to fall in for extra unwanted damage, leaving this job for the freaky flyers to deal with. Since I'm a Crimrose, he's outta luck... All I have to do is just keep on his buttside and joust him like an angry knight or more likely, an pissed-off Valkyrie who had her lunch stolen... and try not to fall in some bogus spot after running out of boost energy (which I sometimes did). Keeping on that bird's six is what hurts him most, but when he summons two bird-drone options and calls forth two sneaky and nasty dual bladers, this can be a bit of a pain to dodge the incoming trash of scattered homing bird-rockets, but any Crimrose is way too fast to get hit by that easily, but those pesky bladers.... ugh. A bad thing is if he turns that around and starts kicking me in the buttside! That crap hurts, even for a mecha!

Boss 5: Emperor Gigandroff
Class: Evil Sorcerer and Final Boss of Mission 1
Phases: 3
Rating: Medium-Easy
Recommended Unit: Anyone who is not slow on both aspects; either fast in the air or on foot at least.
Annoyance: Gigandroff isn't as tough as he looks, and in fact he's quite lax in the head to my point of view, but he makes up by being cheap... VERY cheap. He even has three forms to kick it off. The first form is hard to damage because unlike every other boss who was under him, everyone most likely needs to hit him in the buttside due to the chrome coat he's wearing, all he does at first is fly around the room, launching rockets at everyone and shooting ripple lasers in at least five frontal directions. Kick him in the butt hard enough and he'll get angry enough to take off the coat and expand the steel wings and start lugging a greatsword around, chasing people with slash combos or a new trick he'll start using by now: gravity field or gravity ball; one hit from either severely slows a victim! Be on the look-out for when he teleports around too, he might follow-up with a single but strong dashing joust attack on the ground too! He'll next off jump to one of the high places and start launching missiles everywhere, hinting his final dance. First off when noticed however, he uses a barrier, making him invincible on the first show. Drain his energon enough and he'll become very angry and start doing this more often! Ludovic warned me that when everything is turned black, not to waste time shooting at him because of the second time being invincible, but his last time of it. Overall, he's very intimidating, but don't fall for his bluff. I punched him in the back of the head using an Ace Braver's arm to boost my combos for a finisher once in mid-air, lol!

Star Cluster Assault (Mission 2) Bosses:
Boss 4: Dreadnaught
Class: Flying Warship
Phases: 1, appearance comes twice!
Annoyance: I hate this boss, even when with a mob-squad! First sight is in stage 3 on mission 4 which should actually be avoided for at least 10 seconds straight, or perhaps break some weapons off of him... but the second time is the real-deal. I have no clue how to take him down other than destroying every single cannon and engine which could be reached by fire, but God Forbid, he's fatal with all of those bombs along with so many elite pirates covering him on the ground to boot!

Boss 5: Faker Squad
Class: Evil Doppelgangers
Recommended Unit: You and your mind against your own weaknesses!
Annoyance: This can't be good... an evil, fake "me"? Wha??? A fake Shrine Buster? Wait, partner what are you...?! Oh, you're a fake! OMG, there are fake bots who look just like in my party running around in this maze, and worse... they even have the exact copy of our wonder bit option summons! This is a battle of brains and wits against one's own weakness, and apparently my clone was rather a smart little bugger, she even snuck up on one of my partners from out of nowhere! That original partner did call my fake a pain, lol... but all the same it's not funny! If someone were to get ambushed by a stronger copy of another player, that fight can get quite ugly! First off, I was randomly attacked by a single doppelganger-bot in a one-on-one duel until he or she (depends on who is the selected boss opponent) teleported away into the central core. For phase 2, everyone is waiting there to go in an all out battle at once. I think the enemy has more HP though, or then again maybe not. I knew my own weakness and strength points, but had to watch out for the other fakers!

Final Boss 2: One-Eyed Jack Barlock
Class: Pirate King, Tunnel Mover, 2nd Final Boss
Recommended Unit: Crimrose (with a Rapier!)
Annoyance: Instant Gradius line: "Destroy the Head!", it's just that simple... but is it easy? Oh hell noes! Capt. Barlock is huge, he loves to duck and hide in tunnels and follow up with what I called the "good ol' Cap'n Straight Punch" every time someone dared hop to a high place to attack him; he'll punch anyone straight back off of the ledge he/she jumped to, and especially flat out of mid-air like a fly if trying to get close and personal. It's impossible to hit him from below, and trying to whack him on anywhere else will only have him laughing like Captain Hook. Also, every last pirate captain has a large crew for cover, so that really sucks much. Most of the time it's not Jack Barlock killing everyone, it's him ducking out so quickly and many times, counterattacking whenever someone dares get face-to-face with him, never allowing a chance to attack him! As Ludovic said: "If the boss doesn't kill us, the clock will!" Many robots fell victim to this humiliating defeat and excuse of a failed mission because he goes for two rounds in so little time; first phase is to get rid of his shoulder cannons and his hat, but after the hat, he gets angry and truly gets on the move and even activates plasma gates to block anyone from catching up on time! This bad boy can only be dealt with personally by a Crimrose since those girls (like my own self) can fly and pinpoint-joust him square in the face, but she seriously must watch out for that "Cap'n' Punch", or any misleading targets buzzing around like vespoids! Most likely recommended for the freaky flyers.

Battle Planet Bosses-
Boss Type 1: Belzerus (spelling bad, sorry)
Class: Vespoid King (giant bee!)
Levels: 3
Recommended Unit: Heavy Artillery (counter-attacking. Especially recommend bringing Destructor to this boss fight!) & Freaky Flyers (escape/chaser)
Recommended Weapons: ??? (Missiles will hurt at least...)
Recommended Items: Hyper-Fire / Hypershot
Annoyance: Pesky fly, pesky fly.... he loves to buzz around, summoning LOTS of vassals around, but that's not the worst part! The worst part is when he hits anyone from any range, and when I was caught victim to this giant fly, ouch! This is more likely a fight for the Heavy Artillery typers since he is a pesky fly, thus missiles and grenade launchers hurt this annoying bastard. He loves to do head-butting dashes, then summon a Rotation Formation of gatling bees, fly into the stratosphere with buddies of his while littering the field with fire bombs, then snipe those in the distance with homing lasers. He also calls out some annoying sniper goblins and BEA-R type enemies to sneak up and carry out his bidding, but if that's not good enough, he'll buzz off into another sector. Best try to catch up with him or he'll do the bad Monster Hunter boss habit; hiding away and slowly but completely healing himself! If caught off-guard (or even ON guard!) this is where things go out of control, as he'll amplify the annoyance up to X4 times the pain and followed by faster bombing, more missiles, etc. in his cheap rage mode. But have it crossed one's mind yet...? Heavily armed Artillery character + Hyper-Fire item = Twisted Evil , yet there's a chance somebody just may befriend a Omega Hipporoid here too.

Boss Type 2: Demonfox Haku
Class: Ark of Fate
Levels: 3
Phases: 10
Recommended Unit: Ouka (or so I was told)
Recommended Weapon(s): 3-Way Knife (recommended by many other bots), something strong for Melee (to break the shield)
Annoyance: Nothing much to say here other than the fact that since this boss fight is like in Thunderforce-V; we have unlimited lives, but no time to lose! One death from any friend or self causes a "Time Penalty!" warning and can suffer up from 15 seconds to 30 if very unlucky. He goes in the order of 9 lives as a classic 9-tailed Kitsune(?): 1 = Jouster, 2 = Bondage, 3 = Heavy Barriers, 4 = Ammo-Leech, 5 = Limb-Ripper, 6 = Doppelganger storm, 7 = Gifoie-casting Pyromaniac, 8 = Trap Master (time leech!), 9 = Operation: "Nuclear Fartz!" then down to the last dance = Demonfox Haku: Final Mega-Merge. Collecting the treasure scattered in the red & blue zones increases difficulty, but not collecting any makes the boss battle rather....... pointless. For more info, refer to the video from this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp6s42uH1HA

-will continue later-

Queen of Heavenly Solace. Cold to the core.

http://www.google.com/profiles/109739034144757014503
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2419
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

View user profile http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Annoying bosses!

Post by Kevin_Rain on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 am

wells here's my exp for those in missions here's the robot i always use
Destructor, Destructor CN, Helingal, this wan can withstand hard mode if u know how to play, but if easy n normal this will end up quick. make sure u use all or 2 artilery robots.

Destructor
use double missile box or missile launcher if not enough cost with dual missile bit/sniper unit bit. oh n the arms if can use misside arm for extra missile fire power.

Destructor CN
same as above

Helingal
u cant use any parts so just use any wonder bit but try using dual/ rifle bit or dual blaster bit or dual beam bit, or u just use the default.

1st stage:
use Destructor not the CN cos destructor has a rocket which all u do like lock on blue color n fire, also use dual missiles bit or sniper unit( must at enemy range). all i do is just stand on top of the cliff n missiles away.

2nd stage
in this stage u can use either one of the destructor but NOT helingal cos this dude will fuck up any air unit but most important is to kill those ranbot( the mini robot that shots missiles) after show up his core just go near him n blast him off.

3rd stage
this want if u still got Destructor it will be easy, just kill 2 small fry (the station gun) n stand at the entrance of the boss n shots rocket when u can see the core, if ur using Dual missile bit its even better.

bonus stage
blast everything u see, but better dun all party target same things, dispatch ur party n u will get perfect artilery robots is a key to this

4th stage
now this guy i call him fried chicken cos i add some fire on his body Razz ok here's the deal, just try to go behing him n attack him cos dat bird is slow, when he uses the missile birds attack just activate ur dual missile bit n he will become ur main menu soon.

5th( last)
ok this guy in my opinion if u still got ur destructors is cool but prefer helingal if u play this on hard, cos helingal arm weapon is a pulse missile which fires laser missile kinda looking so its a good aim, but u need to becareful cos the boss spams missile like no 2morrow, when he keep teleporting around n shot missiles just run around in circle n shot him when lock on, better dun melee him in my opinion cos he wil cast slow on u n ur fuck up.

hope this will help ppl n understand cos my grammar is not dat good
Kevin_Rain
Mortal

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Character sheet
Race: Mecha Mecha
Personal Title: A soul of promise
.: ∙

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_Rain on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 am

ops i 4got about one eye jack guy, errr all u need is a air n bust his head up XD, i dunno wad good ways to kill him fast ,sorry Sad
Kevin_Rain
Mortal

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Character sheet
Race: Mecha Mecha
Personal Title: A soul of promise
.: ∙

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Jack Barlock... you're right about that one on him. He is no fast-to-kill boss, and the only way to deal with him I've noticed is to Joust him in the eye with a Rapier.

Queen of Heavenly Solace. Cold to the core.

http://www.google.com/profiles/109739034144757014503
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2419
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

View user profile http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down